judithdcollins

JDCMustReadBooks

An online marketing consultant, an avid reader of  400 + books a year. Professional reader, reviewer, and blogger.  Enjoy ARCs and new releases.

A Hundred Pieces of Me

A Hundred Pieces of Me - Lucy Dillon

By: Lucy Dillon

ASIN: B00INIQUEQ

Publisher: Berkley

Publication Date: 09/02/2014

Format:  e-book

My Rating: 4 Stars

A Hundred Pieces of Me, by Lucy Dillon is a bittersweet and inspiring story of loss and love, forgiveness and finding what is important in life; a compelling tale of starting over and self-discovery.

Gina Bellamy has been through many struggles in her life, she now finds herself on her own and single, starting over from scratch in a tiny apartment and decides she will only keep a hundred of important things a hundred pieces of herself.

While many of us have been down similar roads in our lives, sometimes losing our personal items, creates a sense of freedom from stuff. It forces us to reflect on things which are of importance. You surround yourself with what really brings joy and happiness. (Less is More). It also means Gina needs to come to terms with her past and learn to embrace her future, even though it holds uncertainty.

Gina’s life is a journey, as she sorts out her belongings one box at a time. She is a strong and inspirational woman, who has overcome many obstacles to get to this point. The story follows Gina, a divorcee and cancer survivor trying to rebuild her life after her marriage falls apart and she's forced to rebuild.

From the gripping front cover of this precious dog, to the well-written chapters which start with an event from Gina’s past and fast forward to the present day, as readers get an idea of how her life has shaped and changed from the person she was.

Lucy Dillon is quite the storyteller, seamlessly weaving past and present, creating realistic characters for beautiful novel of hope. Written for all women, A Hundred Pieces of Me will grab you and pull you into this world of change and reflection-- for a thought-provoking read.

I loved Buzz, the rescue greyhound Gina acquires, as was heartwarming (as well as a great cover shot)! A lesson for us all – A reflection. We need to learn to live more for the moment, as we never know what is around the corner, as I am finding with my parent’s cancer diagnosis this past year.

Highly recommend this uplifting book, and look forward to reading more from this talented author!

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/910389954