judithdcollins

JDCMustReadBooks

An online marketing consultant, an avid reader of  400 + books a year. Professional reader, reviewer, and blogger.  Enjoy ARCs and new releases.

Skinny Bitch Gets Hitched

Publication date: 5/6/2014

Pages: 320

Format:  e-book

My Rating:  4 Stars

As a huge fan of Skinny Bitch (loved Skinny Bitch: A No-Nonsense, Tough-Love Guide for Savvy Girls Who Want to Stop Eating Crap and Start Looking Fabulous and also, Skinny Bitch in Love), was so excited about Kim’s latest Skinny Bitch Gets Hitched with more cool dishes, menus, plus more.

Skinny Bitch Gets Hitched did not disappoint – another winner!  As usual, Kim knows Chick Lit and her humor, wit, and sass is totally awesome!  As a faithful vegan foodie, myself (for years), cannot image eating all the crap some people eat – I do not want to even be around it.   The vegan dishes were a huge draw for me, combined with drama surrounding restaurants, foods, weddings, and quirky family and friends.

From Kim’s last book, the saga continues with Clem after the reality show cook off, as she wins the capital for her new vegan restaurant – Clementine’s No Crap Café with her side kick  Sara (who also gets engages to her boyfriend Joe).

Kim tackles the familiar, something old, something new, blue and vegan, as Clem’s No Crap Café is highly successful and riding on a restaurant review which can make or break her success.

When her meat-eating millionaire boyfriend Zach (cannot even image dating a non-vegan) surprises her with a marriage proposal she says yes, and begins making all sorts of wedding plans and encounters all the interference from not so welcome family members.

Then, Zach's eccentric old aunt gives Clementine the family earrings and a List of Important Things to Do before Getting Married. Of course, Clem and Sara are challenged to try them all.

During the middle of all the drama, Clem wants to open a second restaurant on her parent’s farm and of course Zach is not in favor of this move.  As another vegan chef Alexander moves in to offer Clem support in the kitchen and out, as she begins questioning her relationship and future.

I loved the sexy LA setting, and strong fiery Clementine, always passionate full of love with food and her endless ideas.  Of course, the eccentric aunt, wedding planner, and the evil mother in law, and friends were a riot.  Full of drama and fun with wedding plans, as emotions run high.

Would recommend to anyone who loves Kim’s classy no-nonsense writing style (I have purchased her books for many of my nieces and girlfriends). With her well rounded collection of books, she knows chick topics (from vegan cooking, dating, guys, career, goals, marriage, motherhood, being healthy, beauty, and styling)…and holds nothing back.  I look forward to reading some of the vegan cookbooks I missed along the way!

A special thank you Gallery Books and NetGalley for a complimentary advanced reading copy, in exchange for an unbiased and honest review.

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/899075662