judithdcollins

JDCMustReadBooks

An online marketing consultant, an avid reader of  400 + books a year. Professional reader, reviewer, and blogger.  Enjoy ARCs and new releases.

The One Peaceful World Cookbook: Over 150 Vegan, Macrobiotic Recipes for Vibrant Health and Happiness
Alex Jack, Sachi Kato
Lie to Me: A Fast-Paced Psychological Thriller
J.T. Ellison
Lightning Men: A Novel
Thomas Mullen

3 Top Book Picks Coming May!

3 Epic Books You "Must Read" Coming May!

All Top Shelf Thrillers--Big Screen Worthy

Publication Date: 5/3/2016

Format: Hardcover

My Rating: 5 Stars +++

My Review

"Hart has taken it to another level…read this novel."--David Baldacci

1.3 million copies of his books sold. The first and only author to win back-to-back Edgars for Best Novel.

Every book a New York Times bestseller. Now after five years, John Hart is back!

Imagine: A boy with a gun waits for the man who killed his mother. A troubled detective confronts her past in the aftermath of a brutal shooting.  After thirteen years in prison, a good cop walks free. But for how long? And deep in the forest, on the altar of an abandoned church, the unthinkable has just happened…

This is a town on the brink. This is a road with no mercy.

Since his debut bestseller, The King of Lies, reviewers across the country have heaped praise on John Hart, comparing his writing to that of Pat Conroy, Cormac McCarthy and Scott Turow. With each novel Hart has climbed higher on the New York Times Bestseller list, with his last two - The Last Child and Iron House - landing squarely in the top ten. His masterful writing and assured evocation of place have won readers around the world and earned history's only consecutive Edgar Awards for Best Novel.

After five years, John Hart returns with Redemption Road, his most powerful story yet.

About the Author

The master storyteller is paired with a master narrator, casting Scott Shepherdto read the Redemption Road audiobook. Shepherd, who most recently appeared in Bridge of Spies, brings his considerable acting chops to Hart’s exquisite writing and darky, twisty plot.

DON'T YOU CRY

Format: Other

My Rating: 5 Stars +++

My Prediction
Best Book for Movie Adaptation

New York Times bestselling author of The Good Girl, Mary Kubica returns with an electrifying and addictive tale of deceit and obsession.

In downtown Chicago, a young woman named Esther Vaughan disappears from her apartment without a trace. A haunting letter addressed to My Dearest is found among her possessions, leaving her friend and roommate Quinn Collins to wonder where Esther is and whether or not she's the person Quinn thought she knew.

Meanwhile, in a small Michigan harbor town an hour outside Chicago, a mysterious woman appears in the quiet coffee shop where eighteen-year-old Alex Gallo works as a dishwasher. He is immediately drawn to her charm and beauty, but what starts as an innocent crush quickly spirals into something far more dark and sinister than he ever expected.

As Quinn searches for answers about Esther, and Alex is drawn further under the stranger's spell, master of suspense Mary Kubica takes readers on a taut and twisted thrill ride that builds to a stunning conclusion and shows that no matter how fast and far we run, the past always catches up with us in the end.

FORGIVE ME

By: Daniel Palmer

ISBN: 9780758293473

Publisher:  Kensington

Publication Date: 5/31/2016

Format: Hardcover

My Rating: 5 Stars +++

My Review

In a heart-pounding thriller from one of the most innovative voices in contemporary suspense, a woman unravels the shocking truth about her parents, her past, and a life built upon an unthinkable lie.

At DeRose & Associates Private Investigators in Virginia, Angie DeRose strives to find and rescue endangered runaways--work that stands in stark contrast to her own safe, idyllic childhood. But in the wake of her mother's sudden death, Angie makes a life-altering discovery. Hidden among the mementos in her parents' attic is a photograph of a little girl, with a code and a hand-written message on the back: "May God forgive me."

Angie has no idea what it means or how to explain other questionable items among her mother's possessions. Her father claims to know nothing.

Could Angie have a sister or other relative she was never told about? Bryce Taggart, the US Marshal working with her agency, agrees to help Angie learn the fate of the girl in the photograph. But the lies she and Bryce unearth will bring her past and present together with terrifying force.

And everything she cherishes will be threatened by the repercussions of one long-ago choice--and an enemy who will kill to keep a secret hidden forever.

For More May Books