judithdcollins

JDCMustReadBooks

An online marketing consultant, an avid reader of  400 + books a year. Professional reader, reviewer, and blogger.  Enjoy ARCs and new releases.

The Tucker Series

If you have not read the TUCKER SERIES, by David Johnson, highly recommend!  All four books will be out tomorrow, Dec 9, 2014 in a variety of formats.  Amazon

I finished Book One TUCKER'S WAY, last evening, and just started Book Two, AN UNEXPECTED FROST. This is a must read series, and cannot wait to read the others, as dropped all my ARCs  in order to move them to the top.    (that good!)

Tucker's Way
(The Tucker Series Book 1)

An Unexpected Frost
(The Tucker Series Book 2)

April's Rain
(The Tucker Series Book 3)

March On
(The Tucker Series Book 4)

"After enduring a childhood of horrific abuse and crushing poverty, Tucker seeks refuge in her rural Tennessee home. The three grandchildren she is raising are her only connection to the outside, and her demeanor is purposefully rough.
But her world is turned upside down when a new neighbor, Ella, moves into the old McDaniel place next door. "

The Story Behind the Tucker Series by the author

"My motivation for writing the Tucker series began with a desire to help people who have had traumatic childhoods to read about a person they could identify with and they could see overcame all their troubles. I also wanted to challenge people's judgmental view of the poor, to help them understand that some people are not poor by choice, to help them develop more empathy for the poor. But somewhere in the process of the sequels my motivation became purely personal. I love the characters I've created! They've taken on a life of their own. I'm fascinated to see how they deal with life."

About David Johnson, Author
David Johnson has worked in the helping professions for over thirty-five years. He is a licensed marriage and family therapist with a master’s degree in social work and over a decade of experience as a minister.

In addition to the four novels comprising the Tucker series, he has authored several nonfiction books, including Navigating the Passages of Marriage and Real People, Real Problems, and has published numerous articles in national and local media.

David also maintains an active blog at www.thefrontwindow.wordpress.com. When he’s not writing, he is likely making music as the conductor of the David Johnson Chorus.

Website
Blog

Source: http://www.linkedin.com/pulse/article/20141208052001-40982411-tucker-s-way-by-david-johnson?trk=prof-post